Forum Title: Old Tub Shower Faucet
The diverter in my spout has stopped working and when I went to replace it, I found the back of the spout to have a protruding nipple that screwed into the pipe behind the wall rather than a nipple coming through the wall for the spout to screw on to. I am a complete novice when it comes to plumbing, and I have searched the internet for this type of fixture but have found nothing. Does anyone know what this type of faucet would be called or where I could find a replacement? Thanks
Category: Plumber Post By: LILLIE LYONS (Rio Rancho, NM), 08/29/2017

You have a threaded (IPS) tub spout --- The threads are at the base instead of the noise. You need a spout with the threads at the base or you can do as phishfood stated. Replace the nipple also

- BILLY DIAZ (Shawnee, KS), 09/02/2017

Can you get a nipple of the correct length to thread into the fitting inside of the wall and then use a regular threaded diverter spout?

- DANA RIOS (Tacoma, WA), 09/05/2017

Many replacement spouts are designed to slide onto the OD of copper pipe sealed with a built in rubber o-ring with a set screw which is probably the easiest option if you have the ability to solder....all you need is a 1/2 copper male adapter and piece of copper pipe. a little tape and dope on the threads and your good to go. slide the spout on and lock her down.

- LESTER BARNETT (Oak Lawn, IL), 10/02/2017

Homeowner Support & Resource Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779